RE: Emacs Resource (GDI) Leak on Windows

From: Maguire, Andrew \(GE Infra, Energy\)
Subject: RE: Emacs Resource (GDI) Leak on Windows
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:41:39 +0100

Thanks very much for replying.

I am using Windows XP SP2 - I support a number of users who also have the same
problem.
In the past, I am sure Windows 2000 was also affected.

I was using the prebuilt binary:
In GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2002-03-19 on buffy
configured using `configure --with-msvc (12.00)'
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: nil

It is interesting that the development version does not appear to display the
leak.
Can you confirm it with one of the released versions of Emacs?

I have the leak on Windows XP with 21.3
In GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2003-03-28 on buffy
configured using `configure --with-msvc (12.00)'
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Perhaps, if I could try the latest dev version of Emacs I could try it out
locally,
in case it is somehow related to the way our machines are built.
I have never accessed devel code, not being that familiar with C, but I have
been
supporting Elisp extensions for 10 years.

Thanks,
Andrew