Re: Eldoc mode

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: Eldoc mode
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:30:48 +0900 (JST)

>     > What does Eldoc do in Eshell?  Does it give documentation
>     > on shell commands?  If so, could it easily work in sh-script mode
>     > and in the Shell buffer too?
>
>     I don't know well about this. Maybe it gives documentation on elisp
>     command.
>
> Eshell implements a shell within Emacs.

Yes.

> Its commands seem to be shell commands, not Emacs Lisp.

No. I don't use eshell. However, AFAIK, Eshell accepts both
shell command line and Emacs lisp code. Here is the example:

    Welcome to the Emacs shell

    ~/Mail/inbox $ cd /tmp
    /tmp $ ls
    9Komc1
index.sjis.txt
    E                                                              jet11338agW
    E1                                                             jet15672diB
    /tmp $ (car (list 1 2 3))
    1
    /tmp $