Re: Risky local variable mechanism

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Risky local variable mechanism
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:57:43 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   I've made a decision that we need to change this.  The current code is
   not reliable enough and I will not stay with it.

I was _not_ arguing for staying with the current default situation.
As I said, I personally have `enable-local-variables' set to 'maybe
since ages, so obviously I have never trusted the current
`enable-local-eval'.  But Chong's first patch was not safe enough
either.  (There are problems with the second current patch in its
present form too, as I will point out separately.)

Sincerely,

Luc.