Re: longlines-mode doesn't seem to work with some non-english text

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: longlines-mode doesn't seem to work with some non-english text
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 23:35:55 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> E.g. the text in following attachment.
>
> It fills fine with M-x fill-paragraph, but longlines-mode doesn't seem
> to do anything (it remains one long line).

This is a rather difficult case to make Longlines mode handle.  (Btw,
fill-paragraph doesn't do a perfect job either -- if you refill with a
different fill-column, it inserts spurious spaces where the newlines
had previously been inserted after ascii characters.)

I'll look into it, but it may take a while...