Re: Cursor on images not visible

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Cursor on images not visible
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:46:09 +0200

> Personally, I have even more problems distinguishing active checkboxes
> from inactive ones, the ticks are hardly visible.  Maybe you could do
> something about this too?  I currently use

Your checkbox images don't look too intuitive on the black background.

I have seen different checkbox images: ticks, crosses, percent signs,
filled areas.  The most widespread symbol currently is a tick.  There is
even a Unicode symbol for it: U+2611 - BALLOT BOX WITH CHECK.

So I think the current default value is ok.  But definitely it should be
easily customizable.  I noticed that in the same file wid-edit.el there is
the following definition of the radio button:

(define-widget 'radio-button 'toggle
  "A radio button for use in the `radio' widget."
  :notify 'widget-radio-button-notify
  :format "%[%v%]"
  :button-suffix ""
  :button-prefix ""
  :on "(*)"
  :on-glyph "radio1"
  :off "( )"
  :off-glyph "radio0")

After putting images of two states of the radio button to the files
emacs/etc/images/radio0.xpm and emacs/etc/images/radio1.xpm, customize
displayed them instead of their textual representations "(*)" and "( )".
I wonder why these images isn't in CVS?

It is possible to do the same for checkboxes and to install their default
images to emacs/etc/images/check0.xpm and emacs/etc/images/check1.xpm.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/