Re: standard-value of display-battery/time-mode

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: standard-value of display-battery/time-mode
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:20:11 -0500

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> No, it means that the files necessary to evaluate the defcustoms
> should be loaded.  This morning, Chong Yidong added:
>
>    (custom-load-symbol symbol)
>
> to the `customize-mark-to-save' code (Rev 1.120 to custom.el), which
> should have done that, but then he took it back out in the next
> revision.  I do not know what the problem was that necessitated this
> revert.

custom-load-symbol does not work for all variables concerned.  At
first, I thought all the relevant variables have 'custom-load property
(which tells custom-load-symbol what to load), but I was wrong.  I
don't know what the criteria is that variables are given
'custom-load---is it only if the variable name matches the custom
group name?

So I am trying to think of a better solution.

Maybe we should explicitly load those defcustoms that appear in the
menu-bar, in menu-bar.el.