Re: Why can I not receive mail from this list

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why can I not receive mail from this list
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:38:07 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:13:32 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > I can send mail to 'help-gnu-emacs', 'emacs-devel', and
> > 'bugs-gnu-emacs' successfully, and I see my mails appear
> > in the lists by viewing http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/
> > etc.  But why can I not receive mail from the lists?  I can
> > receive mails from the lists written by others, of course.
>
> The FSF mailer seems to regularly be mistakenly added to some blacklist
> (spamcop IIRC).  This happened again a few days ago.

This can explain why your or the OP's mailer rejects or delays the
messages from gnu.org's mailman, but it cannot explain why the delays
happen for everyone, can it?

I think, if the problem is slowness, then I'd rather suspect the
trouble mailman has lately, due to some (unknown to me) hardware
problems on the machine that hosts it.  I spotted several occasions
during the last couple of months where mailman was down for several
hours.  When I asked sysadmins, I was told that the problem is known
and will be solved some time soon.