RE: address@hidden: mouse-2 on menu item yanks into current buffer]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: address@hidden: mouse-2 on menu item yanks into current buffer]
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:21:19 -0800

    > This does not happen on GNU/Linux, so I think it is a
    > Windows-only bug.

    Or it is because Drew continues to use an 8 months old build.
    I don't claim that the bug has been fixed, but who knows?

Who knows, indeed? How to find out?

In this case, trying the reproduce-bug recipe should take less than 2
seconds for someone on Windows - certainly less time than to send an email
saying "who knows?".

    > In GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
    >  of 2005-06-26 on NONIQPC

    Come on, Drew.  It's time to upgrade before you report more bugs!

I think you'll find that the great majority of bugs I've reported had not
already been fixed. But I recognize that it is a nuisance to track down a
bug report for something that is already fixed.

I don't use an old binary on purpose, just to frustrate you and hassle with
more bugs myself. If someone points me to a more recent Windows binary that
is vanilla Emacs (and that I can get to by http), I'll grab it and use it in
a heartbeat. This is the most recent binary I have found.

How about a release ;-)?

If you like, I can stop reporting bugs until I have a release to report on.
Or I can report what I happen to see now, and you can ignore the reports
until you get a confirming report from a more recent build.