RE: address@hidden: RE: Customize doc strings and tagstrings do not resp

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: address@hidden: RE: Customize doc strings and tagstrings do not respect \\<...> and \\[...]]
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:28:20 -0800

     > The point (the bug) is that the tag text should implicitly have
     > `substitute-command-keys' applied to it. I made that clear
     > in my initial report. A :tag string should be treated, in this
     > respect, the same way a doc string is treated.

    That is an interesting idea.  But there's nothing in the Emacs Lisp or
    Widget manuals to suggest that the current implementation is broken.

Right. The manuals are silent on this, AFAICT. Call it a new feature request
if you like.

    `(choice
       (const :tag ,(substitute-command-keys
                     "`\\<minibuffer-local-map>\\[next-history-element]'.")
              tata)))

Sure, that's OK too. But why not have it done implicitly?