Re: c-offset-alist corner case failure?

From: Vincent Lefevre
Subject: Re: c-offset-alist corner case failure?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:51:30 +0100

On 2006-03-09 10:40:37 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> The critical word in the description of arglist-cont is "Subsequent" - it
> doesn't apply to the first such line.  However, perhaps it isn't obvious
> that the line with the paren doesn't count as the first argument list
> line.  Would it be better to make this
>
>   arglist-cont -- Second and subsequent argument list lines
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^
>                   when no arguments follow on the same line as
>                   the arglist opening paren.
>
> , or perhaps
>
>   arglist-cont -- Subsequent argument list lines (after an
>                                                  ^^^^^^^^^
>                   arglist-intro) when no arguments follow on
>                   the same line as the arglist opening paren.
>
> ?  Or could you perhaps suggest a better way to remove the confusion?

If the opening paren is not part of the arglist, then I think that
arglist-intro should add "after the opening paren". And concerning
arglist-cont and arglist-cont-nonempty, replace "the arglist opening
paren" by "the opening paren before the argument list".

--
Vincent Lefèvre <address@hidden> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>