Re: New GNOME icons

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: New GNOME icons
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 00:56:46 +0100

On Tue, Mar 07 2006, Bill Wohler wrote:

> The Gnus team have updated their icons from GNOME 2.6. Previously, all
> of their images were in the etc/images/gnus directory. We (the Gnus and
> MH-E teams) have worked together to share more of these images to
> provide a more unified user experience. That means that a number of
> those images will move from the Gnus sub-directory and move into the
> top-level etc/images directory or mail sub-directory

Minor correction: None of the current Gnus images will be moved (the
old icons will still be available for those who prefer the retro
look).  The Gnome icons will be placed into etc/images or
etc/images/mail (and a single icon in etc/image/gnus).

> where they will also be available to other Emacs developers.
>
> I've enclosed the Gnus README which documents the icons we propose to
> update or add to the Emacs CVS repository. The GNOME names are in
> parenthesis. If you would like to comment on these before we check them
> in, please do!

No comments, no objection so far.  So I think we can go ahead an
install the icons in Emacs CVS.

I could add the icons in Emacs CVS, but not before Monday.  Miles, as
you know, the icons are already in the trunk of Gnus repository.  Is
it better if you sync them into v5-10 and to Emacs via arch or is
there no difference for you?

BTW, I checked in the *.xpm icons as binary ("-kb").  I'm not sure if
this is necessary for xpm's.  Is it necessary?

Bill, I'd suggest that you merge the latest changes[1] in
*image-load-path-for-library from lisp/gmm-utils.el into your version
and add it to `image.el'.

Bye, Reiner.

[1]     * gmm-utils.el (gmm-image-load-path-for-library): Return single
        directory if path is t.  Add no-error.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)