Re: Bootstrap error for rmail-mbox-branch

From: Henrik Enberg
Subject: Re: Bootstrap error for rmail-mbox-branch
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:46:10 +0100

Otto Maddox <address@hidden> writes:

> I checked out rmail-inbox-branch a few hours ago.  It fails to build
> on my Mac OS X 10.4.5:

Being one of the people working on the mbox-branch, I must admit I never
tried to bootstrap it, I just copy the rmail* (you also need unrmail.el
from the branch) files to a directory on my load-path and use the CVS
Trunk of Emacs.

I should also mention that unless your email is strictly ASCII-based,
the mbox code won't be very suitable right now.  Support for MIME and
non-ASCII charsets is the last big remaining change to be done (and
fixing any bugs we haven't found yet of course).  Other than that,
pretty much all the functionality has been ported.