Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:27:24 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

> No, the variable fringe-indicator-alist works fine (for my purpose anyway),

Good.

> Is it OK to commit the patch below?

IMHO, no.

There is no reason to define the new bitmap as "built-in".

Just use define-fringe-bitmap to define the new bitmap in your
own Lisp code.

As an alternative to the hollow triangle, you could use a filled
triangle (identical to the current bitmap), but give it is less
prominent color, e.g. medium gray.

You could call the bitmap something like "gud-inactive-arrow", and
put a face named "gud-inactive-arrow" (inherit from "fringe") on
it -- then people could customize it to their own liking.

>                                      It includes some minor corrections
> to the doco.

Please install that part of the patch.