Re: force auto compile .el files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: force auto compile .el files
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 03:35:23 -0500

    This works only if you set force-auto-compile to a non nil value.
    By default emacs will continue to don't compile files automatically.

I understand that.  But it seems like such a dangerous way of doing
things that even offering it as an option seems like a bad idea.  This
is the kind of thing that can be a minor convenience 95% of the time,
and a real screw 50% of the time.  We should not invite people to do this.