Re: Extended menu items, when are :enable and :filter computed?

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Extended menu items, when are :enable and :filter computed?
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:01:06 +0200

>     Computing menus might require loading Lisp packages.
>
> Theoretically true, but seems unlikely in practice.  Anyway, it will
> only be necessary to load them once, the first time.

The Customize menus basically needs to load everything.  They have
been disabled for GNU Emacs for that reason, but was fully enabled for
XEmacs (with delayed generation) last time I checked (many years ago).

They are not really that practical though, the menu structure becomes
too deeply nested to be useful.