Re: C mode bug

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: C mode bug
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:10:44 +0100

Hi, Paul.

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 02:11:09PM +0300, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> In template specialization (C++) C mode gives incorrect indentation
> when function name is given on separate line:
>
>   template <>
>   struct test <int>
>   {
>     void
>     function ()
>     { }
>   };

> is indented as
>
>   template <>
>   struct test <int>
>   {
>     void
>       function ()
>     { }
>   };

Thanks for this!  I agree it is a bug.  Without the template stuff, the
syntactic context (do C-c C-s to get this) of the "void" line is

((inclass 3186) (topmost-intro 3184))

.  With the template stuff, it becomes

((defun-block-intro 3185))

.  I'll look into this and try and fix it.

Just for future reference, it would be appreciated if people could send a
cc to <address@hidden> for CC Mode bugs.  Also, a complete
configuration dump (generated by C-c C-b) is often useful
(though it wasn't necessary for the current bug report).

Thanks again!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)