Re: doc and help for defvaralias

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: doc and help for defvaralias
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:15:13 -0400

> This email is about defvaralias; it is not about obsolete
> variables (e.g. define-obsolete-variable-alias).
> `defvaralias' does not make a variable obsolete; it just
> defines an alias.

I think in order to know what should be done, we have to take into account
what it is used for.  IIRC defvaralias was introduced specifically to deal
with renaming variables and deprecating the old name, and AFAIK there hasn't
been any other use of it yet.

So it makes sense for C-h v to omit the "obsolete" name.

        Stefan