Re: Changing of line format and undo

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Changing of line format and undo
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 23:30:56 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
    > E.g. I've changed my set-buffer-multibyte to do that (waiting for post-22
    > to commit it).

    I think this is an _excellent_ idea (and IMO the current behaviour is
faulty).

Maybe this is a bug that should be fixed; can someone explain the
problem to me?
I started the thread, see here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-06/msg00512.html

If you change line endings this change is not saved to undo. However it is a change that is written to the edited file. Therefore I think it should be saved to undo.

It seemed quite hard to fix this but it seems like Stefan has a very good idea of how to do this.