Re: delete-indentation - text.texi

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: delete-indentation - text.texi
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 07:30:23 +0200

Richard Stallman schrieb:
    I'm afraid, `delete-indentation' is labeled from a side
    affect of two other functions: join-lines and
    fixup-whitespace, implemented in C however.

The name `delete-indentation' may be somewhat misleading as a name.
That is why we made the alias `join-line'.

Just give in here an extraction from gnu.emacs.help

which demonstrates, that a pure `delete-indendation'
function might be missed.

,----

| Re: Indentation
| Von:
| Colin S. Miller <address@hidden>
| Datum:
| Dienstag 04 Juli 2006 01:00:08
| Gruppen:
| gnu.emacs.help
| Referenzen: 1
|
| Ronny Mandal wrote:
| > Hi.
| >
| > Does anyone know how I get rid of the annoying indentation after e.g.
| > if-statements (in multiple languages), i.e. (C-example):
| >
| > if(condition)
| >    {    Why?!
| >    }
| >

| > Thanks.
| >
| > -RM
| That's the default indent style, its used for all GNU project code.
|
| (c-add-style "myStyle" '("bsd"
|                         (c-basic-offset . 4)))
|
| (add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook '(lambda ()
|                                   (c-set-style "myStyle")))
|

| should change it to a more-normal style.

`----

__
Andreas Roehler