Re: [C-delete] - should it not be backward-kill-word

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [C-delete] - should it not be backward-kill-word
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:25:38 +0900

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
> I do not want it, but these two lines in bindings.el seems to want it:
>
> (global-set-key [C-delete] 'backward-kill-word)
> (global-set-key [C-backspace] 'kill-word)

How odd ... those bindings seem obviously wrong, and indeed, are
apparently getting overridden by something, as the bindings actually in
_effect_ are correct -- using "emacs -Q", I see that:

   <C-backspace> runs the command backward-kill-word
   <C-delete> runs the command kill-word

-Miles
--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]