Re: Strange eval-after-load

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Strange eval-after-load
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:01:48 -0400

       1.  It seems to me this can be done without any setup work on the
    part of the package.  Suppose the provide routine were changed to run a
    specified hook, e.g. "foo-provide-hook" if "(provide 'foo)" were
    executed, and the symbol "foo" was not already on the "features" list?

What you are trying to achieve is precisely the problem I am trying to
avoid.  Namely, that this would work with no explicit call in the file.

The explicit call in the file is what calls the programmer's attention
to the fact that some code might be run from there.