RE: facemenu-unlisted-faces

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: facemenu-unlisted-faces
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:52:59 -0700

             That makes no sense.
           Showing the actual colors is useful;

        Useful for what? Colors *identify themselves*, by their
        appearance.

    To know what name to use in other contexts.
    To identify a specific shade (not all of us recognize shades well).
    For color-blind people.

Let's not belabor this. I already spoke to those concerns. A tooltip on the
swatch shows the name - just rest the mouse over it a moment (and listen to
your speech reader).

And, all colors are available (and searchable) by name, via "Other...". And
you can use completion to compose the name. [And, as I said, I think that
(Other...) way of choosing a color will be about as quick, in practice, as
the "quick-access" choice of a color in the main menu.]

Furthermore, any text that has a given color applied can be checked (or
should be able to be checked!) for the name of that color, using menu item
Describe Properties.