segfault with show-paren-mode

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: segfault with show-paren-mode
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:02:53 +1200

 > With a cvs update and emacs -q, and eval'ing
 > (setq show-paren-delay 0)
 > (show-paren-mode t)

Does it also happen with emacs -Q?

Please use report-emacs-bug for information about your build etc.

 > visiting an elisp file and putting the cursor on a top-level left paren
 > in column 0 will cause a segfault.

I don't see this on GNU/Linux.

 > Here is the backtrace:

 > 0x0000000000543dfd in scan_lists (from=140733193399312, count=1, depth=1,
 > sexpflag=1)
 >     at syntax.c:2324
 > 2324                  INC_BOTH (from, from_byte);

This is the current frame, not the backtrace.  What do you get with "bt full"
as described with report-emacs-bug?

from seems to be a position in the buffer so I guess this is wrong:

 from=140733193399312
If no-one else can reproduce this, you will need to find out how it gets
this value using GDB.