Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 100% CPU on TCP servers (on Windoze).
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:14:14 +0300

> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:43:00 +0100
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>, Emacs Devel <address@hidden>
>
> Kim F. Storm wrote:
> >> After your patch, and some additional patching to dynamically load
> >> WSAEventSelect (the build process needs changing to eliminate this
> >> requirement), the example fails with the following stack trace:
> >>
> >> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "make server process failed"
> >> "invalid argument" :name "test" :server t :service t)
> >>  make-network-process(:name "test" :server t :service t)
> >>  eval((make-network-process :name "test" :server t :service t))
> >>  eval-last-sexp-1(t)
> >>  eval-last-sexp(t)
> >>  eval-print-last-sexp()
> >>  call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp)
> >>

> > Strange -- it works fine when I try it (with the version I
> > checked into CVS).
> >
> > Can you pls. try with that version.
> >
> I get the same results with your version

Same here.

Kim, could you please confirm that you used the precise recipe posted
by Juanma, viz.:

  (make-network-process :name "test" :server t :service t)

I fired up "emacs -q", typed this line into *scratch", then typed C-j
after the right paren.  Is that what you did?

If you did exactly that, please tell the details about the system
where you tested (the version of the OS, at the very least).