RE: address@hidden: mouse-autoselect-window needs a de lay]

From: Marshall, Simon
Subject: RE: address@hidden: mouse-autoselect-window needs a de lay]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:07:29 +0100

> OK, I moved everything back to mouse.el and added a
> customizable variable `mouse-autoselect-quiescent'.  Using a
> number as value for that variable checks whether movement was
> restricted to that many chars around the last position.  This
> leaves future users a number of choices.

Thanks.  I've only just had a chance to start playing with it, I'll let you
know if there's any problem with it.

I do see switches happening before mouse-autoselect-window has elapsed, but
I haven't figured out why.  It looks as if the timer is just triggered
early.

I would remove references to "timer" in the doc string of
mouse-autoselect-quiescent, since it refers to an implementation detail not
a feature.  That terminology is not used by mouse-autoselect-window.

Simon.