Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Building Emacs overflowed pure space
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 22:49:43 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Frankly speaking: I don't know what we are supposed to buy ourselves
>> if a loop body can access its internal variable by (symbol-value
>> tmp-loop-var) instead of just tmp-loop-var.
>
> If we use an uninterned symbol the body can't access it at all.

The proposal was to use the same uninterned symbol for all loops and
keep it in a global variable like tmp-loop-var.  And that means, of
course, that everybody able to access that global variable can also
use it to access the loop variable.  You don't need to go through
obarray, the symbol _is_ already available in tmp-loop-var without
lookup.