Re: Should `describe-face' have a global binding? Should C-h i be a ch

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Should `describe-face' have a global binding? Should C-h i be a choice in C-h C-h?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:33:36 -0600

Richard Stallman wrote:
    1. The `C-h...' commands are one of the main entries to information, and to
    customize, as well. Shouldn't users be able to find `describe-face' when
    they do `C-h C-h'?

Yes, if we can figure out a binding for it.

    I don't have a great suggestion for the C-h binding. (Perhaps `T' for
    "typeface"?)

For coherence, it should be a lower-case letter.  The available ones
are g, o, u, x, y, z.  None seems particularly approproate, but
perhaps g is a little better than the others since it can stand for
"graphics".

`o' might be a good choice, since the facemenu commands are bound to
`M-o' prefixed keys.  (If I recall, it used to be `M-g'.)

--
Kevin