RE: [Bug] "You can't edit this part of the Custom buffer"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Bug] "You can't edit this part of the Custom buffer"
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:29:49 -0700

    > Which change? To what it was before, when?

    Before this change:
    2006-07-12  Richard Stallman  <address@hidden>
        * cus-edit.el (custom-no-edit): New command.
        (custom-mode-map): Remap to custom-no-edit instead of
        using suppress-keymap.

    > Are you doubting the bug report was accurate?

    That's right---like I said, it works for me.

I see. And did you use the Emacs build of the bug report? If not, "it works
for me" is not enough to shed doubt on the bug report. The bug was reported
for a March 20 build.

If you tested only with the build just before Richard's fix, then you are
perhaps doubting that he reproduced the bug, but your test means nothing wrt
the original bug report, which was for the 3/20 build.