Re: sendmail-program default is determined at compilation time

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: sendmail-program default is determined at compilation time
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:09:16 -0400

    sendmail-program is defined in paths.el as:

I think that just moving it to sendmail.el would prevent the value
from being chosen at dump time.  Does that work?

Whether to do this requires a little bit of thought.  I think it was
put in paths.el specifically so that the value would be chosen at dump
time.  I think the motive for that was to save time when first loading
sendmail.el.

It is possible that the delay is now insignificant.
Would people please try that change?