Re: Patch for remote files in dnd.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Patch for remote files in dnd.el
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 02:54:35 -0400

    I'm currently implementing the fish protocol for Tramp 2.1, driven by
    performance considerations. But (at least for the time being) it isn't
    foreseen to provide such a server by Tramp; it should be available on
    the remote side already.

Tramp is supposed to do the client side of the job;
I wouldn't expect it to do the server side.

    Anyway, this won't be available for Emacs 22.1, because Tramp 2.0 is
    integrated there.

We wouldn't want to install such changes now anyway, but there's no
rush on this.  We can wait.