Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike e

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike emacs 21
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 02:21:49 +0200

>     The present setting results in almost all cases in a recognizable
>     cursor position (images with border 0 are possible only come Emacs
>     22.1).
>
> Are you saying that the problem of failing to show the cursor
> only applies when the border is 0, and that that is a new feature?
>
> In that case, let's limit my recommendations to the case when the
> border is 0.  We can give :mask a different default, or make the lack
> of :mask an error, only when border is 0.

I just installed a change to always use the hollow cursor (which draws
inside the image border) for non-transparent images (with no mask).

It was a one-line change, not requiring changes to any platform files
(contrary to what I said earlier, we do already have the necessary
code to draw into the image -- namely the "draw hollow cursor" code).

I hope this settles the current issue.