Re: License updating

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: License updating
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:47:54 -0500

> Many copies of the GNU GPL need updating.  (We have made small changes
> such as reflecting renaming the "Library GPL" to the "Lesser GPL", and
> the FSF's address.)  Could someone please take care of this?

Sure; done.

> Please make them follow the canonical text in
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html.

These I simply replaced with the gpl.txt from the above link:
> ./etc/COPYING
> ./info/COPYING
> ./lisp/COPYING
> ./src/COPYING
> ./COPYING
> ./leim/COPYING
> ./lib-src/COPYING
> ./lwlib/COPYING
> ./mac/COPYING
> ./msdos/COPYING
> ./nt/COPYING

These I didn't touch; they should be corrected when they're
regenerated:
> ./info/emacs-5
> ./info/elisp-9
> ./info/mh-e-1
> ./info/calc-1

These I fixed up:
> ./lispref/gpl.texi
> ./man/calc.texi
> ./man/emacs.texi
> ./man/mh-e.texi

By the way, the gpl.texi from the above link has the line:
  Gnomovision version 69, Copyright (C) address@hidden @var{name of author}
To make it match gpl.txt, I used "@var{yyyy}" instead of "address@hidden".
(gpl.txt uses "year" instead of "yyyy", but gpl.texi consistently
 replaced "year" by "@var{yy..}".)

Jay