Re: Maintainance of desktop.el

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: Maintainance of desktop.el
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 08:51:41 -0800 (PST)

> I have removed the line in desktop.el listing me as maintainer of
> desktop.el.

I'd like to volunteer to take over the post, if there are no objections; I
in fact have some changes for it (discussed in threads described below)
that I'd like to add (presumably after the release) and would be glad to
continue in that vein.

The original thread took place in several months:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-04/msg01253.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-05/msg00084.html
It was spawned off of this message in a largely-unrelated thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-07/msg01245.html
And here's the most recent version of the patch:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-05/msg00097.html

More recently, David Kastrup worked on the package:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-09/msg00336.html

I believe I have merged his changes properly into my patch (version
against current sources attached), but I'd appreciate it if you (David)
checked my work on that.

Davis

shipping.