Re: Reordering etc/NEWS

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Reordering etc/NEWS
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 10:19:04 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
I use those branches and would be willing to test a merged version on
gnu+linux and w32. I could possibly dig out more machines with
different os:es as well if it would be any help.
If the multitty branch works on w32 already, then that gives me a lot more confidence.

My main concern was that it had never been tried to my knowledge, and due to the nature of the changes, there probably is work to do on w32 just to get Emacs to compile if all the work so far has focused on tty and X usage. The problem is that this work has gone on outside the normal emacs development community, so information of this sort is hard to come by. Another concern would be whether we have papers for everyone who has contributed to this branch.