Re: longlines-auto-wrap: doc string wrong, or bug?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: longlines-auto-wrap: doc string wrong, or bug?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:52:24 -0400

    It appears that `longlines-auto-wrap' as a variable can't be set
    directly - at least to no effect. I have to explicitly do (longlines-
    auto-wrap 0) to turn it off.

I agree that the function `longlines-auto-wrap' should toggle when
given no argument.

The function `longlines-auto-wrap' seems to expect the variable to be
buffer-local, since it wraps the current buffer in addition to setting
the variable.  Should we add a call to `make-variable-buffer-local'
for it?