Re: Changes to emacs/etc/refcard.tex,v [EMACS_22_BASE]

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Changes to emacs/etc/refcard.tex,v [EMACS_22_BASE]
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:12:29 +0200

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>  Type \kbd{C-x ESC ESC} to edit and repeat the last command that used the
> -minibuffer.  Type \kbd{F10} to activate the menu bar using the minibuffer.
> +minibuffer.  Type \kbd{F10} to activate menu bar items on text terminals.

Well, I don't know if this change is really useful:

1) This line, in the minibuffer \section, was here to say that the menu
   bar can be used through the minibuffer, whatever the configuration
   is. This is the job of M-`, now.

2) F10 works for the menu bar on X too, not just « on text terminals ».

3) Reading the minibuffer section, I'm more interested in the M-`
   binding than in F10.

I'd suggest to just replace F10 by M-`. The other advantage is that we
can change all refcards, for each language.

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  I'd be surprised if my fix doesn't    |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |      address this problem as well.     |