Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 22:13:37 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> Can you please send a proper bug report starting from emacs -Q that
> shows what exactly are you doing? Please include what system are you
> using, what toolkit are you using, etc etc.

Looks like the effects on Athena and Gtk+ are similar.  However, at
least from emacs -Q (and using M-x server-start) I can get a tty
session to start with emacsclient.  I can't with my full session, so
I'll need to experiment around with the details.

Either way, even when using emacs -Q, a setenv of PATH to a different
value in the Emacs started from the GNOME taskbar will be visible in a
subsequently initiated emacsclient session, whether on the tty or
under X.

I'm not likely get through with checking what in my .emacs might be
interfering with emacsclient sessions starting up on the tty today.