Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 00:35:32 +0200

() Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
() Mon, 14 May 2007 15:13:11 -0700

     > So you propose to tackle the problem by destroying multi-tty
     > capability, making everything rely on a single environment for all
     > terminals.

   I have proposed no such things. I only asked for a change to be
   reverted because it made things strictly worse than before.

it sounds like what happened was an incomplete, unlogged bugfix.
the right thing to do is to complete the bugfix and log it (all parts).

if completing the bugfix requires others' expertise, the next best
thing is to clearly log what was done to help others finish the job.
(the sooner the better.)

e.g., this is what happened w/ my change to gnus.  i fixed a
long-standing buglet, but only partially (other use-cases broke).
it was Katsumi Yamaoka who completed the process.

thi