Re: [multi-tty] Wrong type argument: framep, 0

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: [multi-tty] Wrong type argument: framep, 0
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 00:55:44 -0700

csant <address@hidden> writes:

  > On Mon, 14 May 2007, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
  >
  > > There was an incorrect change installed on the multi-tty branch
  >
  > Thanks for the reply. Reverting that fix (as was done in CVS) indeed gets
  > me back with a "running" emacs. However, I am saddened that my report was
  > interpreted as somebody complaining not to have a multi-tty emacs to play
  > with.

Not at all, it was not interpreted like that.

  > The real reason was to help pinpointing issues - David Kastrup
  > correctly identified a deeper issue (yes, that *is* broken in the current,
  > running multi-tty) by fixing a first problem. But maybe it is too early to
get
  > feedback from non-developing users?

I don't think it is too early, you're welcome to use it.  And if you
can find problems developers will try to fix them, just remember to
send detailed description of the problems you encounter.

  > Now to get back to something more constructive: where would be the correct
  > forum to report multi-tty issues? I thought bug-gnu-emacs to be rather for
  > released versions - multi-tty is something quite specific that I don't
  > think many non-developping users adopt this early.

I am not sure... This list is probably not bad at this point.

Thanks
        --dan