Re: C++ mode and c-beginning-of-current-token

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: C++ mode and c-beginning-of-current-token
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:12:38 +0800

       p--, pos--, pos_byte--;
       UPDATE_SYNTAX_TABLE_BACKWARD (pos - 1);

Possibly a silly suggestion: What happens if you use

          UPDATE_SYNTAX_TABLE_BACKWARD (pos);

here?

I'm not very sure about the meaning of (pos - 1), so instead of trying
your proposal, I tried the following one:

           while (1)
             {
               if (p <= stop)
                 {
                   if (p <= endp)
                     break;
                   p = GPT_ADDR;
                   stop = endp;
                 }
               if (! fastmap[(int) SYNTAX (p[-1])])
                 break;
               p--, pos--, pos_byte--;
               if (pos <= 1)
                 break;
               UPDATE_SYNTAX_TABLE_BACKWARD (pos - 1);
             }

And this change seems to fix the problem.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu