Re: C++ mode and c-beginning-of-current-token

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: C++ mode and c-beginning-of-current-token
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:12:04 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Herbert Euler" <address@hidden> writes:

> >Ok, the function `skip_syntaxes' does not exist in the main branch,
> >syntax.c in the unicode 2 branch is too old.

> Sorry, `skip_syntaxes' is added by Kenichi Handa, and never exists
> in the main branch.

I devided Emacs 22's skip_chars into skip_chars (only for
skipping chars) and skip_syntaxes (only for skipping
syntaxes) without changing (and understanding) the logic.
And I did an optimization in them to avoid multibyte
character checking if the region contains only ASCII chars.

The current problem in emacs-unicode-2 happens in a code
that treats the buffer as unibyte because of the above
optimization, and the same problem happens also in Emacs 22
with a unibyte buffer.

Please try the same thing with Emacs 22 started with
"--unibyte" argument.  The same error is signalled.

So, the bug has been in the original code of skip_chars
(where it handles a unibyte case) in Emacs 22.  Could
someone please fix it in Emacs 22?  Then, I'll do the same
fix on emacs-unicode-2.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden