Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:52:51 +0900

"Károly Lo\"rentey" <address@hidden> writes:
> AFAICT, apart from having to replace the process-environment reference
> with '(environment)', the quoted code will work just fine on the
> multi-tty branch.

BTW, independent of whether requiring a function to be used instead of
the variable is a good idea, I'm not sure the name (environment) is very
good -- the word "environment" is a pretty general one.

Why not call the function the same thing as the variable,
"process-environment"?  That makes the meaning of the function, and the
connection with the old variable, more obvious.

-Miles

--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Gandhi