I would like to investigate including verilog-mode.el in the default dis

From: Michael McNamara
Subject: I would like to investigate including verilog-mode.el in the default distribution
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:02:55 -0700

I have been maintaining verilog-mode.el at http://www.verilog-mode.el for more than ten years now, and would like to investigate how I could get the current version included as a part of the next emacs distribution. Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> suggested that this is a good time to propose this as you are beginning a new development round.

Please let me know if this is a good time, and if so what steps I need to take.

To learn more about the emacs mode, you can visit the website http://www.verilog.com. I and Wilson Snyder are the developers of the mode, and we would be happy to sign (or re-sign) copyright assignment paperwork.

Note further that while the Verilog language is mature (originally developed in 1987) it is right now in an active re-development phase ( it is going through a process much like C becoming C++ ), so we will have further updates as we introduce support for the new syntax. Hence we would like to have some mechanism for submitting updates of the mode as we develop them. We will continue publishing these on sites like www.verilog.com as per our usual procedure; but would also like to update your distribution as well.

Michael McNamara
address@hidden
--- Begin Message --- Subject: adding verilog-mode.el to emacs? Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 09:18:52 -0700
Hi!

I am not sure if you are aware, but Emacs is now open for new
development.

Please correct me if I am worong, AFAIK you wanted at some point to
have verilog-mode.el added to emacs, now would be a good moment to do
that.
verilog-mode is an excellent package, and it would be nice if users
would get it by default in future versions of emacs without having to
install it...

I believe you have signed copyright assignment papers, so probably
just posting a message to address@hidden stating that you'd like
to have verilog-mode in emacs should be enough.

Please let me know if I can be of any help in this matter.

Thanks
        --dan

--- End Message ---