Carbon Emacs won't start when installed in certain paths

From: David Reitter
Subject: Carbon Emacs won't start when installed in certain paths
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:57:29 +0100

There is still the bug that the Carbon port won't start up when installed in a directory that contains non 7-bit ASCII characters, such as "Développement".

For the release, I would suggest to at least document this in PROBLEMS (see below).

I recall that Yamamoto Mitsuharu had been looking into this. Mr Yamamoto, would you like me to test your patch posted to -bugs on May 10th, and if so, does this replace the earlier patches you posted for this bug?

*** etc/PROBLEMS        22 May 2007 16:44:33 +0100      1.229
--- etc/PROBLEMS        22 May 2007 16:52:44 +0100
***************
*** 1836,1841 ****
--- 1836,1848 ----

  ** Mac OS X

+ *** Mac OS X (Carbon): Emacs won't start if installed in certain paths.
+
+ Starting the application fails if Emacs is installed in directories
+ whose names contain non 7-bit ASCII characters (such as
+ "Développement"). The workaround is to move the Emacs.app application
+ bundle out of such directories.
+
*** Mac OS X (Carbon): Environment Variables from dotfiles are ignored.

  When starting Emacs from the Dock or the Finder on Mac OS X, the