Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 06:55:11 -0400

    The problem is that such loops are the _obvious_ thing for
    manipulating process-environment.  So we need not only bother about
    code inside of Emacs, but also in external packages.

It surprises me that you want to look for more than one envvar at a
time.  If all the programs that do this will react well to using the null
string, I guess we can use the null string.