Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elisp manualindex]

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elisp manualindex]
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 01:52:40 +0300

>     One more thought: someone going to the trouble of writing a whole new
>     viewer might as well use TexinfoML XML for its input, it seems to me (as
>     Juri wrote).
>
> In principle, this might be just as good as using a subset of HTML.
> However, in practice, using a subset of HTML would allow any browser
> to display Info files.  Could TexinfoML XML do that?

`makeinfo --html' already generates output that any browser can display.
What is missing in HTML output are Info-specific semantical elements,
like references to next and previous nodes, menu items grouped to menus,
index items that can be easily extracted.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/