Re: Adding xterm-extras to Emacs

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Adding xterm-extras to Emacs
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:21:22 -0700

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dear all,
  >
  > When I run emacs in terminal like xterm I find that xterm-extras.el¹
  > crucial. It makes almost all key bindings available in X also available
  > in terminal.
  >
  > I wonder if we can include the file or add such functionality to
  > an appropriate existing package in Emacs.
  >
  > Footnotes:
  > ¹ http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin/Software/Emacs/Download/xterm-extras.el

In emacs-22 xterm-extras.el is not needed anymore, term/xterm.el
should bind all the keys that xterm-extras.el does (and more).

If you know of any bindings that are still missing, please point them
out and they will be added.

xterm-extras.el also required you to fiddle with X11 resources, this
is not needed now.