Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 02:10:27 +0300

>     There is no reason to add code in C when it is possible to do the same
>     thing in Emacs Lisp.
>
> Oh no!  When something is cleaner in C, we should do it in C.

What in the C implementation makes it cleaner?

> That is the case here, so would someone please please put in the C
> version, and remove the Lisp version?

I wonder why do you prefer making Emacs less customizable?

In Lisp, the user can change formatting, colors and placement of the
minibuffer depth indicator as the user likes.  But how this can be done
with the C implementation?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/