Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:15:02 -0400

> I almost never want to `find-library' in the same window.  Usually, I'm
> examining code in some library that makes reference to another library
> (e.g.  (require 'foo)).  I want to open that library in another window.
> So far, I've been cloning the window (frame, actually: C-x 5 2) and then
> useing `find-library'.

Agreed.  (actually, what I do instead is to use find-library from
a dedicated window (or a minibuffer-only window), which forces find-library
to create a new frame for the library)

> How about a `find-library-other-window' command?

Sure.  Although I'm wondering: are there many users you use both find-file
and find-file-other-window, as well as other <foo> vs
<foo>-other-window commands?

I'd be happy to change all that: remove/deprecate the <foo>-other-window
commands and make the <foo> commands use either the same window or another
depending on some user configuration.

        Stefan