Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:25:57 -0400

    > However, it might be a problem if the changes on the branch break
    > things.

    If they break the Unicode branch, they will break the trunk when the
    Unicode branch is merged into it.  So I see no disadvantage here.

I agree.  Also, if a package is installed in unicode-2 and has a bad
interaction with part of unicode-2, people will have a chance to fix
the bug within unicode-2 before the merge.

If several such things get installed into unicode over a period of a
month or two, fixing their bugs will also be spread over a month or
two.  That won't be stressful.

However, if these same packages are installed in the trunk instead,
then merging unicode-2 will provoke all the bugs at once, which would
be rather unpleasant.

By contrast, if we